1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTVSOLD

Coupe

See all the Images for this Car
Registration No: ABY658G
Engine No: 62753
CC: 1779
Colour: Blue
Trim Colour: Brown
MOT: March 2012

Reference Number 126366

as of 5/17/2011

Overview
Car 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV
VIN AR1452412 
Mileage 98,548 miles 
Transmission Manual Shift 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
Known History

The pretty 105/115 Series two-door Coupes made in various specifications by Alfa Romeo from 1963 to 1977 were penned by Giorgetto Giugiaro as one of his first projects for Bertone. They succeeded the much vaunted Giulietta Sprint Coupe and were built on a shortened version of the Giulia Berlina floorpan. Power came from Alfa's ubiquitous four-cylinder all-alloy twin-cam engine which, over the years, was available in a range of capacities from 1290cc to 1962cc. The engine was mated to a slick five-speed gearbox. Suspension was by wishbones and coil springs at the front and coil-sprung live axle at the rear. Braking was by discs all round and steering by recirculating ball. The first model to be introduced was the Giulia Sprint GT of 1963, which was powered by a 1570cc version of Alfa's sonorous twin-cam unit. A combination of relatively light weight, strong performance and readily exploitable handling made the pretty Coupe popular both with enthusiast road drivers and the competition fraternity, and many examples are still campaigned in historic racing and rallying to this day. The ensuing Giulia Sprint GT Veloce produced from 1965 to 1967 was very similar, and distinguishable only by minor modifications to the engine, body and interior.

 

The 1750 GTV of 1967 was, however, a far more notable evolution. Most obvious was the increase in engine capacity to 1779cc which raised the power to 120bhp and torque to 137lbft. The chassis was uprated to cope and sported revised suspension geometry, the addition of a rear anti-roll bar and more powerful ATE disc brakes. Styling changes included a new nose incorporating four headlamps and higher rear wheel arches. The interior featured a revised fascia containing improved instrumentation, and new seats with adjustable head restraints. The right-hand drive example on offer was produced in 1969 and features Dark Blue paintwork and a Brown vinyl interior. The vendor informs us it has had just two Dorset-based owners from new and, though in "very good mechanical order, would now benefit from some attention to the body". 'ABY 658G' comes with a number of old MOT certificates that we understand support the indicated mileage of 98,548.