1959 Ferrari California Spyder LWB (#1501 GT)
The Ex-Nicholas Cage LWB California Spyder.The car is in excellent condition and below is its provenance. The car is here with me in sunny California:
* 1959 Ferrari California Spyder LWB
* Chassis #1501 GT.
* Engine #1501 GT
* Numero interno #0510/D
* Completion date: December 19, 1959.
* Color exterior:: Black
* Color interior: Black (was tan)
* The 34th of 51 LWB California Spyder built.
* Covered headlights.
* Factory Disc Brakes.
* Velocity stacks
* Spectacular one-off nickel fittings across the dashboard, gauges, door standards, handles, that were Ferrari Factory
delivered to first owner Dott. Carlo Innocenti who was believed to a well known jeweler in Rome.
* Recessed door handles
* Chrome surrounds on covered headlights
* Chrome surround on hood scoop.
* Chassis Tipo 508D.
* Engine Tipo 128D
* Numero interno 0510D
* Gearbox Tipo 508C/525
* Camshafts 128C
* Camshaft lift 9mm
* Compression ratio 9.3:1
* Carbs 36DCL3
* Beautiful leather tool roll and full set of tools (repro).
* Sold new in 1959 to Dott. Carlo Innocenti, of Rome, Italy
* In 1972 to USA Ferrari Importer Luigi Chinetti, NY, USA
* Sold immediately to Marc Goldschmidt (Montpellier, Vermont). Goldschmidt later sold the car to Wayne Nelson of Indiana.
• 1988 it was acquired by noted Ferrari enthusiast, Mr. Tom Mitler of Mishawaka, Indiana for $1,850,000 U.S. dollars.
* 1972 Sold to Wayne Nelson (Indianapolis, Indiana)
* After 1988 sold to Tom Mittler, South Bend, Indiana, for $1,850,000 U.S. dollars
* Then sold at Christie's 1996 August Pebble Beach sold to Carlos Hank
* Then in mid-May 2002, sold to Shane Mattaway of Boca Raton/FL
* Then sold to Hayashi (Japan)
* Then on May 15, 2005 sold to actor Nicholas Cage
* Then sold to Robert Harris later in 2005.
• Sold to Mark Ketcham in 2008. Displayed at the Ferrari Classics event at the Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix April 3-6 2008.
www.KetchamImports.com (Car Collection)