1934 Lagonda 4.5-Litre M45 4.5 LitreSOLD
See all the Images for this Car
Lagonda M45 4.5 Litre, year 1934. Original British registration BBB981. Colour two tone, British Racing Green with a black bonnet and a green leather interior. Black hood and tonneau cover. This Lagonda M45 was fully restored to the highest possible quality level by the renown Lagonda specialist LMB of Belgium. Everything you touch, feel and see is absolutely immaculate! This fabulous prewar Lagonda is accompanied by a very extensive history file. Chassis and engine numbers are matching, the gearbox was replaced by the better, synchronized, contemporary Alvis speed 35 four-speed gearbox. The Lagonda M45 features the famous Meadows 4.5 Litre engine which was also used in other great makes like Invicta. The optical and quality impression this car gives the spectator is impressive but the drivability of this M45 is nothing less, you can feel that this automobile was built and restored with painstaking precision. This must be one of the finest Lagonda M45's worldwide. These very scarce automobiles are very seldom offered for sale, this is your opportunity to buy a perfect specimen with a sound history file.

Reference Number 1857

as of 7/8/2006

Overview
Car 1934 Lagonda 4.5-Litre M45 4.5 Litre
Exterior / Interior Color      Dark Green /      Dark Green 
Configuration Right Hand Drive (RHD) 
Transmission Manual Shift 
Options Exterior: Two-tone paint, Wire wheels
Interior: Leather interior 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
Known History

Lagonda is one of the big names in the British motorcar industry. In 1906, the brand made its entree in Staines, England, and was founded by an American named Wilbur Gunn.

Lagonda initially built engines and motorcycles but started the manufacturing of small, light-weight cars, and powerful private cars in the 1930s.

In 1935, a Lagonda won the 24-hour Le Mans race, which made the brand famous straight away.

In 1939, W.O. Bentley joined Lagonda who developed the finest engines for the company. In 1947, Lagonda was taken over by David Brown, the owner of Aston Martin. Hence, the engines developed by W.O. Bentley found their way to Aston Martin. After Brown’s take-over, a new age dawned for Lagonda, and, on a modest scale, they started building large touring cars, saloons and drop-head coupes that had many sports car characteristics below the surface. Lagonda's were built until 1965, till, in 1976 the distinguishably designed Aston Lagonda appeared.

The Lagonda is nowadays one of the ‘dormant’ brands. The brand name is still owned by Aston Martin, which, in its turn, is part of the Ford Motor Corporation.