1958 Aston Martin DB Mark III SaloonSOLD
See all the Images for this Car
Industrialist David Brown purchased Aston Martin in 1947 and provided much needed capitalization; Brown also bought the Lagonda marque and Lagonda’s recently developed double overhead cam (dohc) 2580 cc six-cylinder engine. The resulting Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. became a subsidiary of David Brown & Sons, a company that manufactured farm tractors. Brown’s initials continued for decades as the Aston Martin ‘DB’ series. As many car manufacturers did following the war, Aston Martin got very involved with motor racing and the marque’s reputation for speed, style and dependability was established; in 1950 DB2 coupes finished 5th and 6th in the Le Mans 24-hour endurance race, and a succession of competition-built Aston Martin DB models including the DBR (R = Racing) models with top race finishes followed. The DB Mark III was introduced early in 1957 as the successor to the DB2-4 and continued through 1959 as the Mark IIIB. Tickford built bodies for the DB 2/4 Mark 2 and Mark 3 after David Brown bought the company in 1954; subsequently, AML moved to the Tickford Works, Newport Pagnell during the late 1950s.

Reference Number 3090

as of 8/10/2006

Overview
Car 1958 Aston Martin DB Mark III Saloon
VIN AM 300 3 1622 
Exterior / Interior Color      Dark Green /      Light Grey 
Configuration Right Hand Drive (RHD) 
Options Exterior: Wire wheels
Interior: Leather interior 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car