1953 MG TF 1250SOLD
See all the Images for this Car
Sold: ú 21691

The MG TF first appeared at the 1953 Motor Show and was the ideal successor to the TD. A more refined car than the TD, it featured a sloping bonnet line and radiator, headlights grafted into the wings, sharply raked tail and individual bucket seats to replace the previous one-piece item fitted into the TD. These considerable cosmetic improvements were coupled with an uprated 1,250cc power unit to provide a highly versatile sports car.

Finished in Old English White with contrasting green leather upholstery, BSK 391 was specially prepared under the direction of Leonard Loch, the then-head of B.M.C for the personal use of his nephew, the Chairman of B.M.C South Africa. He owned it for eight years and during this period it was looked after by the works manager, a Mr Clarke, who was a successful competition driver of a `C' type Jaguar. The second owner kept the car in South Africa for twenty five years before it was repatriated to the U.K. It was then acquired by a Cornish owner who subjected it to a no-expense spared concours-standard restoration. Its current condition bears witness to the quality of the original work and the car now has a nice patina to it.

BSK 391 has subsequently resided in two private collections and has covered minimal mileage since the rebuild, making it hard to fault. One of the most popular, effective and attractive sportscars ever built.

Reference Number 46237

as of 6/30/2009

Overview
Car 1953 MG TF 1250
VIN HDP263860 
Configuration Right Hand Drive (RHD) 
Transmission Manual Shift 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car