1955 Jaguar XK140 OTS Roadster 3.4 litreSOLD
See all the Images for this Car
This beautiful Jaguar XK 140 roadster was sold new in the United States of America. A few years ago the car was fully 'body off' restored. The car is in superb (excellent+) condition! The automobile comes with a Fiva identity card. The car can participate in international Fiva classic car events right away if the new owner wishes to. Currently the car is registered in Belgium.

Reference Number 4931

as of 11/4/2006

Overview
Car 1955 Jaguar XK140 OTS Roadster 3.4 litre
Exterior / Interior Color      Red /      Beige 
Configuration Left Hand Drive (LHD) 
Transmission Manual Shift 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
See all the Images for this Car
Known History

The Jaguar XK 140 replaced the famous XK 120 and was brought onto the market in 1954. The XK 140 was an evolution of the XK 120 with some visual differences and technical improvements. The handsome and dynamic features remained largely unchanged. New was the grille, which counted fewer vertical bars; the rear lights were larger, the bumpers were thicker, and the front indicators, which were placed on the front of the front wing. The important technical improvement was that the XK 140 was provided with a rack and pinion steering which greatly improved steering and driving.

 

De 3.4-litre XK engine was increased by an extra 30 hp. and produced a standard 190 hp. from that time onwards. XK 140s that were provided with the SE option ("Special Equipment") were fitted with an engine giving 210 hp. Like the XK 120, the XK 140 was available as roadster, a larger DHC (Drop Head Coupe) and as FHC (Fixed Head Coupe) with a fixed steel roof.

 

The XK 140 was built until 1957 was succeeded by the XK 150.