1952 Triumph T100SOLD
See all the Images for this Car
The first post war Manx Grand Prix was won in 1946 by a Tiger 100 model. This had a silicone aluminium alloy cylinder head and barrel adapted from a war time air borne auxiliary power plant, used to power the generators of RAF bombers during flight.
This matching number example of the road going production machine from 1952 features the Edward Turner designed novel rear suspension, the springs of which are enclosed in the hub giving rise to the term 'sprung hub model'.

As 500cc capacity was the accepted upper limit for road racing at the time the race derived T100 proved to be very popular with the sporting fraternity. A fine example from the Keeler collection, having undergone some sympathetic restoration in earlier life, the bike remains in good 'original looking' order today. It is supplied with the UK V5 log book and period registration number OWB 920. In recent years many budding historic motorsport fans have opted for two wheeled transport such as this to take them to the celebrated Goodwood Revival Festival, and it has been a joy to see so many of them in attendance there last year.

Reference Number 5392

as of 12/12/2006

Overview
Car 1952 Triumph T100
Exterior / Interior Color      Black 
Configuration Central Steering 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car