1950 Veritas Formula 2SOLD
See all the Images for this Car
This Veritas was one of the remaining chassis from original factory at the Nurburgring. The factory had closed and Mr. Willie Sturzebecher (an employee of the factory) was paid with this vehicle upon closure, from whom the current owner bought it in November of 1977. It’s an all aluminum body and we are enclosing lots of literature pertaining to the history of this type car. The rare race car comes with a complete spare engine in a box. The car was shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in 1992 and won second place in the “open wheel” category, first time for that class. “Veritas” was the first post-war German sports-car and competition Formula cars. They built very few overall, but there are a few road sports cars, (2 seater) competition light weight sports racers and only very few Formula 2 monoposto (single seaters). This manufacturing was founded by the former top brass from pre-war “B.M.W.” and set up show at the Nurburgring. The six cylinder engine was also based on the “B.M.W.”. All new post-war drivers started again in “Veritas”. Karl Kling became German champion in one. They folded up unfortunately and then slowly Mercedes-Benz and Porsche took over the motor-sports leadership in Germany.

Reference Number 7822

as of 3/11/2007

Overview
Car 1950 Veritas Formula 2
VIN RS0011 
Exterior / Interior Color      Silver /      Brown 
Configuration Central Steering 
Transmission Manual Shift 
Options Exterior: Metallic paint 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car