1952 Siata 300 BC BarchettaSOLD
See all the Images for this Car
For the buyer who wishes to compete in Historic events, it comes with its FIA ‘passport’ as well as an immaculate history. It would be ideal for the Mille Miglia, Tour Auto, Le Mans Classic and other such important competitions, and its current price tag compares very favourably with the similar (but smaller, 750cc displacement) Moretti Barchetta sold at Bonhams in Monaco in May 2006 for €214,000…
Finished in Rosso Corsa with an immaculate and surprisingly spacious black interior, and running on 15” Borrani Record wire wheels, this car looks not unlike a smaller scale Ferrari 166 Barchetta but will leave the new owner with rather more spare change. A great value entry ticket to the very best events.

Reference Number 922

as of 6/13/2006

Overview
Car 1952 Siata 300 BC Barchetta
VIN ST 444 BC 
Exterior / Interior Color      Red /      Black 
More Images
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
Known History

This car, ST 444 BC, was imported to New England, USA, and raced into the 1960s at such circuits at Bridgehampton, Lime Rock and Watkins Glen before being stored in a barn.

The last (Italo-American) owner acquired it in 1995, brought it into race trim and drove it in Vintage Sports Car Club of America events and European races including the Trofeo Ascari at Monza. It was imported to Italy in 1997 and entered the specialist care of Mario Galbiati of CMG who has undertaken a complete restoration.

Its specification includes: Turismo Veloce (TV) block, Siata 7 port alloy head, cast alloy sump, dual Weber IMPE carburettors, four-speed, close ratio TV synchronised gearbox, Stanguellini alloy brakes and Siata gauges supplemented by a Stack electronic race tachometer.

The work was completed in 2001 when Auto Colombo of Milan modified the engine to ‘run green.’ It has therefore been returned to the spirit in which it was first made, a car which can be used for a drive in the country and also raced.

In May 2001 the car was acquired via Simon Kidston by the current owner, an Italian collector who has never driven it. Regular maintenance has however been carried out by his full time mechanic and the car is now French road registered.