1952 Ferrari 212 InterPrice Upon Request

The first Pinin Farina bodied Ferrari Coupe

Voir toutes les images de cette voiture

The 212 picked up where the 166 left off, launching in 1951. Two options formed the basis of all of the multi-bodied 212s, the Inter – intended as more of a GT, and the Export, with a shorter chassis making for the more sporting of the two. Retaining the infamous Colombo V12 from the 166, the 212 offered fantastic torque and performance from its now 2.5litre V12 engine.
Delivered new by Luigi Chinetti of New York in 1952 to Max Hess of Pennsylvania, this 212 Inter marks the very beginning of what would become a lasting relationship between Pinin Farina and Ferrari. #0229 EL was the very first Pinin Farina bodied Ferrari Coupe. Described as the prototype 212 PF coupe, this is the very first of  the 15 Pinin Farina bodied 212 coupes built and the sole right hand drive example.
During the early 1970s, like many others too, this car was fitted with a Chevrolet V8. Fortunately during a restoration in 2001, the original engine was located and reunited with the car.
It has recently undergone a comprehensive “nut and bolt” restoration in New Zealand by the world famous and highly respected outfit, Autorestorations in Christchurch. This car is now available to view in our showrooms just outside London and is presented in what can only be described as “on the button” and in “concours” condition.

Reference Number 548383

as of 9/21/2019

Vendeur
Consulter le site Web du vendeur  

Stock Number 987

DK Engineering - Blue Chip Selection  Contact  Localisation
Little Green Street Farm  Téléphone fixe  + 44 1923 287687  Ville  Chorleywood
CHORLEYWOOD
HERTFORDSHIRE
WD3 6EA
 Télécopieur    Dépt. / Région  Hertfordshire
United Kingdom  Téléphone mobile    Pays  United Kingdom United Kingdom
Caractéristiques principales
Voiture 1952 Ferrari 212 Inter
N° d'identification du véhicule 0229EL 
Configuration Conduite à gauche 
Boîte de vitesses Manuelle 
Autres images
Voir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voiture
Voir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voiture
Voir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voiture
Historique connu

The 212 picked up where the 166 left off, launching in 1951. Two options formed the basis of all of the multi-bodied 212s, the Inter – intended as more of a GT, and the Export, with a shorter chassis making for the more sporting of the two. Retaining the infamous Colombo V12 from the 166, the 212 offered fantastic torque and performance from its now 2.5litre V12 engine.

Delivered new by Luigi Chinetti in New York in 1952, this 212 Inter marks the very beginning of what would become a lasting relationship between Pinin Farina and Ferrari. #0229 EL was the very first Pinin Farina bodied Ferrari Coupe. Described as the prototype 212 PF coupe, this is the sole right hand drive of the 15 Pinin Farina bodied 212 coupes built. It was originally supplied in “Maserati Blue”.

During the early 1970s, like many others too, this car was fitted with a Chevrolet V8. Fortunately during a restoration in 2001, the original engine was located and reunited with the car.

It has recently undergone a comprehensive “nut and bolt” restoration in New Zealand by the world famous and highly respected outfit, Autorestorations in Christchurch. This car is now available to view in our showrooms just outside London and is presented in what can only be described as “on the button” and in “concours” condition.