1959 Bentley S1 Four Door Saloon B4GC42,500 GBP

A late example, benefitting from various improvements introduced during the model’s lifespan, including power steering and high compression engine.

Voir toutes les images de cette voiture
A late example, benefitting from various improvements introduced during the model’s lifespan, including power steering and high compression engine. Some would say that, of the S1, 2 and 3 cars, a late series one is the best of the lot. This one has covered just 94,000 miles from new, as confirmed by the comprehensive history file that accompanies the car, which includes a very impressive spread of maintenance and repair invoices - some from recent times - but also going right back to 1962, a full ownership record, documents, correspondence, a copy of the original logbook, handbook with inserts, etc. etc. An honest, sound, genuine and very appealing car with good paintwork in the original, attractive combination of Black Pearl and Shell Grey, with a delightful, original interior, clean boot compartment with correct tools, large & small. Driving extremely well, offered serviced and MoT tested, ready to go.



Chassis No. B4GC Reg. No. 8508 AC

Snippets: Directors & Distinguished Properties
Ernest Stanley Little (1890/1971) bought B4GC when he retired from the engineering firm of British Thomson-Houston based in Rugby. Ernest’s career started in the accounting department of BTH (later AEI) in 1912 when, aged just 22, he moved from Somerset to join the firm; after serving in WWI he returned to BTH (the firm started in USA with Elihu Thomas & Edwin James Houston forming the company in 1892, this later became GEC of New York) and continued rising in the ranks until he became the Finance Chief of AEI. Ernest also found time to serve on the board of The Mint (Birmingham) Ltd, Geo T. Hilton, Albert Frost & Sons and was also involved in the local Rugby Club. After Ernest’s death B4GC was acquired by Mr & Mrs Hopkins who registered B4GC at 4 different locations - the most interesting being that of Nr. 29 The Little Boltons, London W4. Although the area is named after William Bolton he actually sold the land in the early 1800s to James Gunter - confectioner, market gardener & property developer whose sons carried on creating prime real estate including Redcliffe Estate, Brompton & Tregunter Grove which was later renamed “Little Boltons”. Residents of these properties included Jenny Lind (Swedish Nightingale), Douglas Fairbanks Jr and Beatrix Potter. After some 20 years with the Hopkins B4GC was acquired by an occupier of Ffrith Hall near Wrexham in North Wales. This Grade II listed building was built by John Wilkinson (of Wilkinson Steel) for his estate manager who ran the Brymbo Hall Estate where John Wilkinson had his private home and the Brymbo Steel Works.

Reference Number 587573

as of 9/18/2019

Vendeur
Consulter le site Web du vendeur  

 

The Real Car Co Ltd.  Contact  Localisation
Coed-y-Parc  Téléphone fixe  +44 1248 602649  Ville  Bethesda
BETHESDA
GWYNEDD
LL57 4YS
 Télécopieur  +44 1248 600994  Dépt. / Région  Gwynedd
United Kingdom  Téléphone mobile    Pays  United Kingdom United Kingdom
Caractéristiques principales
Voiture 1959 Bentley S1 Four Door Saloon B4GC
N° d'identification du véhicule B4GC 
Couleurs - extérieur / intérieur Black Pearl & Shell Grey / Pale grey 
Enregistrement 8508 AC 
Condition Très bon 
Configuration Conduite à droite 
Boîte de vitesses Automatique 
Autres images
Voir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voitureVoir toutes les images de cette voiture