A Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost already consigned for the June 16 sale
Now in its 20th year, H&H Classics Ltd has a proud reputation for innovation within the classic vehicle auction industry. It is renowned for its highly competitive commission rates, thoroughly enjoyable sales and ultra-reliable service. Now this wolf in sheep’s clothing has decided to howl once more – European classic and collectors’ car, motorcycle and automobilia sales will never be quite the same again!
The changes that set the newly restructured company apart from its competitors include:
- An innovative range of three distinctly different types of sales for clients to choose from
- 0% vendor’s commission on specific sales – an industry milestone
- Settlement down from 8 working days to just 3 working days
- Each entry having a dedicated account manager to ensure an optimum level of client service throughout the end to end process
- A strict 25-point code of operation to aid the above
Said the company’s Managing Director, Simon Hope: “With 19 years’ successful experience of the sector behind us, we decided clients deserved a level of care and attention that was currently unobtainable. Our new offering will provide them with the optimum experience, irrespective of whether they are selling a £5,000 MGB or a £5million Ferrari.”
Three overtly different types of sales – an option for everybody
From hereon, H&H’s dramatically expanded auction calendar will be divided into ‘Specialist’, ‘General’ and ‘Open’ Sales:
- Specialist Sales
These will be held at notably prestigious venues throughout the UK and feature their own bespoke entry criteria. They will be backed by pre-event evening receptions and lavishly produced catalogues; not to mention a far greater level of national and international advertising campaigns. They will also be run in conjunction with complementary organisations able to introduce a fresh source of potential buyers of a suitably high net worth, and feature a vendor’s rate of just 6%.
- General Sales
These will take place at a range of accessible locations around the country, comprise a broad selection of vehicles, be backed by smaller, fully illustrated catalogues and attract that ground-breaking 0% vendor’s commission.
- Open sales
Another new approach (currently under wraps), these auctions will provide vendors with a uniquely proactive means of selling their vehicles. Again, the vendor’s commission will be 0%.
Irrespective of which sale is chosen, every client will be allocated an account manager who will oversee their entry throughout. Each such manager will be beholden to a strict 25-point check list, structured to ensure maximum client satisfaction and ensure a consistent level of excellent service.
Three day settlement
H&H has been renowned for its prompt settlement since day one, and already operates on an 8 day term. This is now being slashed to just 3 working days - another industry first.
H&H’s considerably enlarged 11-sale calendar for 2012 contains numerous innovative additions, including:
- An ‘Excellence in Engineering’ sale at Rockingham Castle in conjunction with the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club (June 16)
- A ‘Private Sale Showcase of Supercars and Superclassics’ at Motorexpo, Canary Wharf, that will attract nearly half a million people (June 11-17)
- A Coupes & Cabriolets auction at Donnington Priory, Newbury in conjunction with Dreweatts (August 8)
- A Stoneleigh Park sale in association with the Coventry Festival of Motoring (August 26)
- And, following the success of last year’s £3million sale at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford, the company will be holding two auctions at this very popular venue during 2012 (April 19 and October 4)
Other notable changes
As befits such a seismic shift in the way it does business, H&H has also embarked upon a thorough rebranding exercise in order to make the company fundamentally more attractive to buyers and sellers alike.
And, on a more personal footing, each and every member of the enhanced H&H team (whose numbers have doubled in the past year) has been allocated an area of the classic/classic motorsport scene to participate in on a regular basis – expect the staff to be ever more visible from hereon.
Summarising this major, multi-faceted announcement, H&H’s Sales Manager Damian Jones said: “We are extremely excited by our new approach to classic and collectors’ vehicle sales, which we sincerely believe provides us with a sector-leading product suitable for each and every client; an innovation that will guarantee a previously unseen level of service for them all.”
For further details of H&H and its sales of all types contact Richard Caton, Marketing Manager email@example.com. The company’s web address is http://www.handh.co.uk/.