Automobili vendita

Back to List
1957 Morris MINOR 1000 UTILITY5000-8000  - Estimate

The Roy Savage Collection of Classic Cars

See all the Images for this Car
AUCTION: Sunday 4 December 2016, 2.30pm

Viewing
Thursday 1 December, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Friday 2 December, 10.00am – 7.00pm
(Extended Evening Viewing, 5.00pm – 7.00pm)
Saturday 3 December, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday 4 December, 10.00am - 12.00pm

Viewing Location
19 Omahi Street, Waikanae 5036

Auction Location
Southward Car Museum
Otaihanga Rd, Otaihanga
Paraparaumu 5036
New Zealand

Reference Number 446391

as of 5/30/2017

Rivenditori
Andare al sito web del rivenditore  

Lot 107

Mossgreen-Webbs  Contatto  Località
23 Falcon Street, Parnell  Phone  +6495246804  Città  Paraparaumu
Auckland 1052  Fax    Provincia  
New Zealand  Mobile    Nazione  New Zealand New Zealand
Descrizione
Car 1957 Morris MINOR 1000 UTILITY
VIN OGH55/47364 
Exterior / Interior Color      Verde /      Marrone 
Registration ER1633 
Chilometri 93,000 miles 
Configuration Guida a destra 
Trasmissione Meccanico 
Options Interni: Interni in pelle 
Altre immagini
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
Known History

1957 MORRIS MINOR 1000 UTILITY

Chassis no: OGH55/47364

Engine no: H12209

 

Quintessentially British and at the heart of almost everyone’s memories which ever part of the 20th Century one was born, makes the Morris Minor an icon. The brain child of Alec Issigonis, more than 1.3 million were manufactured by Morris Cars Limited of Cowley, Oxford, England, between 1948 and 1972 in three series: the MM (1948 to 1953), the Series II (1952 to 1956) and finally the 1000 series (1956 to 1971). This little sensation was launched at the British Motor Show at Earls Court in London on October 27, 1948. Alec Issogonis whose next triumph was the Mini Minor, was later knighted.

 

Issigonis' overall concept which proved outrageously successful, was to put in to production a practical and affordable car for the general public with the design quality of a more expensive car, but a car that "the average man would take pleasure in owning, rather than feeling of it as something he'd been sentenced to". Furthermore, Issogonis’ sentiments were such that he felt "people who drive small cars are the same size as those who drive large cars and they should not be expected to put up with a claustrophobic interior”. His mandate was also to accommodate inexperienced drivers. This philosophy can only be seen as a resounding success as so many people learned to drive in a Morris Minor and many continued to drive them for their lifetime.

 

Based on the Minor 1000 sedan, the utility incorporated the standard front body shell, floor, bulkhead, frame members and wing valences on to which a spacious utility body was built.

Upgrades to the Morris Minor in 1956 were an engine capacity increased to 948 cc (57.9 cu in), the classic split windscreen was replaced with a curved single piece and the rear window was enlarged. In 1961, the semaphore indicators were replaced by modern flashing lights-red at the rear and white at the front -which was legal in the UK and many export markets at the time which included New Zealand.

 

This beautifully kept utility version was first registered in New Zealand new on 1st August, 1957 to Roger Wasley and details the vehicles as an 9.8 horsepower truck! It changed ownership to Thomas Newman in 1964 and then to Robert Christopher and Valma Swift in 1994 and then to Roy Savage in 2004 from John and Karen Foot of Napier. This rare Minor 1000 utility presents in restored condition with good paintwork, interior and tidy engine bay and has an odometer reading of 93,000miles approx.

 

This vehicle will be sold licenced with WoF.