Automobili vendita

Back to List
1965 Wolseley 6/110 SEDAN MARK II7000-10000  - Estimate

The Roy Savage Collection of Classic Cars

See all the Images for this Car
AUCTION: Sunday 4 December 2016, 2.30pm

Viewing
Thursday 1 December, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Friday 2 December, 10.00am – 7.00pm
(Extended Evening Viewing, 5.00pm – 7.00pm)
Saturday 3 December, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday 4 December, 10.00am - 12.00pm

Viewing Location
19 Omahi Street, Waikanae 5036

Auction Location
Southward Car Museum
Otaihanga Rd, Otaihanga
Paraparaumu 5036
New Zealand

Reference Number 446568

as of 5/30/2017

Rivenditori
Andare al sito web del rivenditore  

Lot 118

Mossgreen-Webbs  Contatto  Località
23 Falcon Street, Parnell  Phone  +6495246804  Città  Paraparaumu
Auckland 1052  Fax    Provincia  
New Zealand  Mobile    Nazione  New Zealand New Zealand
Descrizione
Car 1965 Wolseley 6/110 SEDAN MARK II
VIN WB53 26346 
Exterior / Interior Color      Verde pallido /      Verde pallido 
Registration EP4173 
Chilometri 60.500 km 
Configuration Guida a destra 
Trasmissione Meccanico 
Options Interni: Interni in pelle 
Altre immagini
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
See all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this CarSee all the Images for this Car
Known History

1965 WOLSELEY 6/110 SEDAN MARK II

Chassis no: WB53 26346

Engine no: 29 AW/PO/H-4425

 

The Wolseley car company was established around the turn of the 20th century by Fredrick York Wolseley as a maker of sheep shearing equipment. The first cars were designed by Herbert Austin starting with a 3-cyinder model and progressing to many 4-cylinder vehicles including 12-litre competition cars.

 

The Wolseley 6/110 was the final development of BMC's luxury Wolseley range which commenced with the 6/90, in 1954. The engine used in these 6-series Wolseley models was the 6-cylinder BMC 'C' series that was also fitted to the 6-cylinder Austin-Healeys. The complete model chronology for these luxury Wolseleys was the 6/90, introduced in 1954; the 6/99 from 1959; the 6/110 from 1962 and finally, the Mark II, in 1964. The 6/99 and 6/110 models were styled by Pininfarina and built at the Wolseley plant in Longbridge, Birmingham, in both right and left-hand drive.

 

The trusty 2912cc in-line ohv 6-cylinder engine developed 120bhp at 4,750rpm and was available with 4 -speed manual, plus manual with overdrive and automatic transmissions. The 6/110 was a very well appointed high-quality motor car with full leather interior, walnut dashboard and fold- down picnic tables. Power-assisted steering and air conditioning were factory options. The suspension was independent with coil springs at the front and a live axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear. Power-assisted Disc brakes were fitted to the front and drums at the rear.

 

Commencing with the 6/90, all Wolseley 6 models were very popular with the British Police (particularly Scotland Yard) as well as the mid-price point 2000GB pounds luxury market at the time. This car was a very successful market competitor to Rover and the Humber Super Snipe. The ultimate variant of the 6/110 was the Vanden Plas Princes R which was fitted with a 6 cylinder Rolls-Royce engine.

 

This New Zealand delivered car for auction finished in porcelain green presents in marvellous original condition and features its charming interior options such as a full walnut veneer dash; the timber fold down picnic tables in the back and fold down arm rests for the driver and passenger plus luxuriously ruched and bound leather pockets to the doors front and back. A full-length parcel shelf runs under the dash. The leather upholstery matches the paintwork with colour co-ordinated 2 tone carpets throughout, including the boot. The tool kit and spare wheel complete this very original car.

 

The original books complete up to the cars 48,000 mile service state it was delivered to Lawson Hunter Motors of New Plymouth (The Dominion Motors Ltd). It is also accompanied by the original driver’s manual. This fully optioned model is a charming classic motor vehicle and a boon find for a discerning Wolseley enthusiast. It was especially purchased for the collection from Bill Pyne as it would sit so well amongst the other British cars of the same period. It has a current odometer reading of 60,500kms approx. Further provenance is being sought at the time of print.

This vehicle will be sold licenced with WoF.