Discussion Groups

Minimize

Click on a forum title to read its public messages. To post or reply to messages (except to the Customer Service forum), please login first.

Ferrari 550 Barchetta - Detroit Auto Show Car in 2000?
Last Post 01 Dec 2020 06:13 PM by Mark Harter. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mark Harter

--
01 Dec 2020 06:13 PM  
Hello-

I am a former owner-operator who was leased to Horseless Carriage Carriers, Inc. for several years. As I am sure you are aware, but HCC transports/hauls all new Ferraris to the dealers in the United States. I had the privilege of hauling and driving a 550 Barchetta in 2000. I hauled it to the Detroit Auto Show that year where the car received its North American press introduction and then hauled it back to Ferrari of N.A. HQ in Englewood, NJ after the show.

The photo shows me unloading it off my trailer in Englewood when I was bringing it back. I've always been curious to know the identity of this particular car and who owns it. I remember being told it being the only one in North America at that time.

It was badged 002 for the show, but was Corsa red, which doesn't align with the complete registry list:
http://www.barchetta.cc/All.Ferraris/550-barchetta-colors/index.html

Thanks.
-Mark

Attachment: Mark-Harter-Ferrari-550.jpg

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
NOT LICENSED FOR PRODUCTION USE
www.activemodules.com